Sunday, March 24, 2013

Chickasaw and Hell of the South Races

That was the 2nd worst MTB race I have ever done. (Yes, I did have one that was even worse!) I had mud caked in places where you don't want to know.

But first, Hell of the South. Looks like Schupp dog lowered the hammer with a win in the Elite Masters group! That is awesome! Mike Riley, Nate Lelek, Doug Hardin, Seam Samber, and Josh Cook were also there representing Team BC. Way to go guys!

For the Chickasaw Mudfest, Craig killed it with a 2nd place in the Pro category. Smokin'. Loved the rear fender! Got Milk?
Michael Edens had a nice 3rd in the Cat 1 30-39.
Eric Bateman also took 3rd in Cat 2 19-29 as well as Kevin Ray holding onto 3rd in the Cat 2 30-39 with Mark Chubb placing 4th.
James Buckingham thew up a 1st in the Cat 2 40-49. Awesome James!
And most respectably, Kara Lewis got 3rd and Marsha Williams 4th in the Women Cat 2! Sweeeeeeet! Unbelievable job ladies!

Hopefully I did not leave anyone out.

A special thanks to David Ansel and Travis West for all their support!

Enjoy the Spring weather this week!


Some Photos from Chickasaw Trace Classic Mudfest

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will report on the 40+ race that Mike and I rode in. While (as Edens likes to point out) I was shamefully close to DFL (41 out of 44 finishers), I was glad that I decided at the last minute to race. It was a nice day, I finished, and did not crash. At my age, you take what you can get. The race started fast with SVMIC guys (Chad Moss included) on the front. I was feeling better than usual given the pace until I flatted after hitting a pot hole on a downhill gravel section on the first lap. I got a neutral (rear) wheel from the motor scooter since that arrived before the wheel truck, but the pace was too fast for me to catch back on and I ended up riding almost another lap with another flat tire victim. On the second time through the gravel section, the neutral wheel flatted (no pot hole this time—not sure what caused it) but fortunately I had a tube and pump since the wheel truck had long since passed.

Mike told me after the race that the initial pace had surprised him (this was his first Masters race) and, as he had tried to find a comfortable position in the peloton, he had slipped out of the draft before he realized it. He passed me while I was changing the second flat and I and a couple of other guys (including Greg Clark) tried to catch Mike, but no luck. He was in time trial mode and cranking—in spite of his riding most of the race by himself. When the hills get bigger he will be kicking butt.

Also, congrats to Matt Schupp (#1 in elite Masters 30+)! And to Chad Moss (SVMIC) who was #1 in our race. Josh Cook had a very good first race (26 out of 50) in Cat 5 as did Sean Samber who I hope will start racing Masters. Nate Lelek took the tough guy award for riding Cat 4 with the flu with a respectable 24 out of 34 finish. Not sure if I’m missing anyone else.

--Doug